The 14th Moravian Music Festival was held on the campus of Carroll College in Waukesha, Wisconsin, June 17-21, 1981, with David Crosby, conductor, and Jeffrey Reynolds, band director.
Public presentations included …
- Wednesday, June 17, a Singstunde led by the Rev. Paul Graf
- Thursday, June 18, a recital by the Wisconsin Brass Quintet from Madison, Wisconsin
- Friday, June 19, a recital by the Festival Choir of Madison, Wisconsin, David Crosby, conductor
- Saturday afternoon, June 20, a concert by the Festival Band, conducted by Jeffrey Reynolds
- Saturday evening, June 20, a concert by the Festival soloists and Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra, David Crosby, conductor
- Sunday morning, June 21, a Festival worship service led by the Rev. Warren Sautebin and the Rev. Llewellyn Thomas
- Sunday, June 21, at 3:00 p.m., a concert by the Festival Chorus, soloists, and Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra, with David Crosby, conductor
In addition to conductors Crosby and Reynolds, other Festival personnel included …
- G. Randall Gibbs, choral assistant
- Gary Shaw, band assistant
- Anne Chesher, Festival organist and choral assistant
- Donald St. Pierre, rehearsal accompanist
- Jean Reynolds, soprano soloist
- Ilona Kombrink, soprano soloist
- Jon Guarnieri, tenor soloist
- Kim Kostenbader, baritone soloist
Seminar faculty included Nicholas Clark, Richard Claypool, Martin Perkins, Carl Schalk, David Schattschneider, Rudolph Schulze, and Mark Wagler.
A youth program was ably organized and led by Ralph Middlecamp, folk choir; Frances Schrempel, handbells; Emily Wallace, recreation; and Richard Frost, recreation.
The Festival committee was chaired by Barbara J. Strauss, with the assistance of coordinators Virginia Karnes and Mary Giesler Tipton, youth program coordinator Rick Beck, worship coordinator Kay Ward, secretary Eunice Hoffman, treasurer Cynthia Knick, and a number of other capable people!