The 22nd Moravian Music Festival was held July 2-8, 2006, on the campus of Capital University and Trinity Lutheran Seminary in Columbus, Ohio. John Sinclair was the Festival conductor; Donald Kemmerer was the Festival band director; J. Michael Allsen was the Festival trombone choir director; Susan H. Bates was the Festival organist; and the Columbus Bach Ensemble served as Festival orchestra.
Public events included …
- opening lovefeast on Sunday, July 2
- Moravian Anthem Sing on Monday, July 3
- The Federal City Brass Band presents the 26th North Carolina Regimental Band (re-created) on Tuesday, July 4
- a chance for Festival participants to attend the CAPA summer movie series on Wednesday, July 5
- the Festival bands on Thursday, July 6
- Festival chorus and orchestra, Friday, July 7
- Festival trombone choir, Saturday morning, July 8
Since the Festival dates included July 6, the anniversary of the martyrdom of John Hus, a service of Holy Communion was held on Thursday afternoon, July 6, commemorating that event.
Morning devotions were prepared by the Festival chaplain, the Rev. Dr. Albert H. Frank, Assistant Director of the Moravian Music Foundation.