The 21st Moravian Music Festival and Seminar was held June 8-14, 2003, on the campus of Salem College and Winston-Salem State University. This Festival was part of the year-long celebration of the 250th anniversary of the Southern Province. John V. Sinclair was Festival conductor; James Basta and Robert Clark were Festival band directors, assisted by Robah Ogburn; Donna Rothrock was the trombone choir director; Susan H. Bates was Festival organist. The Festival soloists were Andrea Matthews and Sally Thomas, sopranos, and Alex Helsabeck, baritone.
Public presentations included
- the opening lovefeast on Sunday, June 8
- a concert by the festival soloists and orchestra on Monday, June 9
- a concert by the Moramus Chorale on Tuesday, June 10
- the Moravian Anthem Sing on Wednesday, June 11
- the Festival bands with the Bethabara Concert Band on Thursday, June 11
- the Festival chorus, soloists, and orchestra on Friday, June 13
A musical highlights of the week was the premiere performance of Lord, Bless Our Unity, an anthem written by Moravian composer Dirk French in honor of the 250th anniversary of the Southern Province.